Novel Therapies for the treatment of cancer.
Our present objective is to continue to create and develop novel drugs and devices for the management of cancer. Our lead therapeutic agents are DM-CHOC-PEN and hydroperoxy analogs.
DEKK-TEC was formed in 1983, and has utilized government and private funding to effectively develop new therapies and clinical development candidates for the treatment of cancer, pre-cancerous lesions, and women's health issues. We have previously licensed two of our pipeline products to Biotech/Pharmaceutical companies who have successfully driven these compounds into Phase II clinical development. We also have experience with 510K devise submissions.
Our present objective is to continue to create and develop new and novel drugs based on our current novel cancer therapeutic agents - DM-CHOC-PEN and hydroperoxy analogs.
Industry Sector: PHARMACEUTICALS
Target Market(s) Oncology — (CNS and metastatic stage solid tumors)
- Focus on developing new concepts for the management of cancer and allied diseases
- Basic science, pre-clinical IND preparation and clinical development expertise
- Phase I manufacturing facility – New Orleans
- Experience assembling regulatory packages and communicating with the FDA - IND or IDE
- (410k) to NDA
Management TeamRead about all Management Team Members ›
Lee Roy Morgan MD, PhD, CEO
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA B.S. Chemistry 1958
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA M.S. Chemistry 1959
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA Ph.D. Chemistry/Pharmacology 1960
- Imperial College of Science, London Post-Doc Chemistry 1960
- Louisiana State Univ. School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA M.D. Medicine 1971
- Intern –Touro Infirmary, New Orleans, LA 1971-2 Medicine (Rotating)
- Clinical Pharmacology – fellow 1972-4 Clin Pharmacology
Positions and Honors
- LA State Univ. Med. Center, New Orleans, LA - Professor/Chairman of Pharmacology (Ret.)
Andrew H. RodgersPhD, Director of Regulatory Affairs
- B.A. University of Keele, England 1978-1982
- Ph. D. University of New Orleans, New Orleans, Louisiana 1986-1990
Field of Study
- Analytical Chemist
Positions and Honors.
- Witco Chemicals, Taft, LA. Environment Supervisor, 1990 – 1995
- DEKK-TEC, INC., Dir. Regulatory Affairs & Analytical Research, 1990 – present
- Imperial Division of Carboline, New Orleans, LA, Process and Development Chemist 1984 – 1985
Edmund N. Benes BS, Cell Technology/Research Technologist
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA, B.S. Microbiology, 1958-62
- 1962-1972 – Research Specialist – Transplant Surgery, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA
- 1972-1979 – Research Specialist – Tissue Culture Lab, Charity Hospital of Louisiana, New Orleans, LA
- 1980-1985 – Research Specialist – Dept. of Immunology, Tulane University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA
- 1985-1990 – Senior Research Associate – Immunocytology, Imreg Inc, New Orleans, LA
- 1995-1997 – Transplant Technologist – A. J. Lama, MD, New Orleans, LA
- 1997-2002 – Facility Coordinator, Astrobiology Lab, Tulane Medical Center, New Orleans, LA
Key Value Drivers
Novel anti-cancer agents able to cross the blood brain barrier.
DM-CHOC-PEN is our lead proprietary investigational anticancer agent with the specific advantage of being able to cross the blood brain barrier and localize in cancer tissue. Many cancer drugs do not cross the blood brain barrier and must be given intra-cranially where they cause significant toxicity with only modest efficacy. DM-CHOC-PEN can be given intravenously because it does cross the blood brain barrier, with superior efficacy to available therapies in pre-clinical studies. The product has favorable safety, toxicity and PK/PD profiles. As such, DM-CHOC-PEN represents a significant new cancer therapy opportunity to address a large unmet medical need.
Current Plan & Strategy
- IV DM-CHOC-PEN is currently in phase I studies in patients with primary brain cancer and CNS metastases refractory to the current standards of care and is well tolerated to date
- Phase II studies with DM-CHOC-PEN are being designed
- Finalize INDs for several new peroxy anticancer agents
DEKK-TEC, INC.Lee Roy Morgan, MD, PhD
New Orleans, Louisiana
Email Us (504) 583-6135
If you’d like to participate in our Clinical Trials, please complete the form below.